In-House Lawyer – 1-3 yrs PQE Construction (Blackburn)
We are exclusively instructed by Vital Energi to source them an in-house lawyer to join their small in-house legal team, based out of their Blackburn HQ.
Vital Energi were established in 2000 and remain privately owned. They have successfully grown into a c.£200m business, with over 530 employees. They recently appeared in the Sunday Times Top Track 250, as one of Britain’s fastest growing mid-market companies. They have a clear strategy to continue to grow significantly over the next 5 years.
We are ideally looking at the 1-3 years PQE level with construction experience as a preference (and the likely split of work would be 70:30 non-contentious to contentious).
Please see below a summary of the type of work which the successful candidate will be undertaking:
– Assistant to Group Lawyer.
– Reviewing, producing summaries of, advising upon and amending construction contracts (typically NEC, JCT, FIDIC and other standard forms) for tender and procurement purposes.
– Reviewing, advising upon and amending more general construction and commercial agreements including sub-contracts, purchase orders, letters of intent, pre-construction agreements, MOUs, deeds of variation, novation agreements, NDAs, JV agreements, wayleave agreements, easements, licences, leases, data processing agreements, IP licences and agreements and IT agreements.
– Assisting with day to day contract and project administration, including drafting necessary correspondence, notices and advice on legal position and strategy.
– Producing legal templates as and when necessary.
– Advising on dispute resolution process, strategy and assistance with drafting required correspondence and documentation (pre-dominantly for adjudications and court proceedings), with appropriate support and guidance.
– Assisting with training and summarising legal advice for the business, with appropriate support and guidance.
– Keeping up to date with legal knowledge including current case law and legislation relevant to the business.
– Undertaking legal research and know how functions.
Their WFH/office policy is still being formulated but will involve a mixture of both.
If you feel you have the required skills, please do get in touch with Chris Clarke (Director at CapeClarke) to discuss in more detail. All third-party direct applications will be forwarded to CapeClarke for consideration.Apply